City lights

I breath slow losing grip on the life I know
In the quest for air I lost the one's that cared the most
I made more for me leaving nothing for what we could have been
In treating you badly I hid my fears in your tears
I anticipated this path but not the far it has already gone
Clouds of blue hide the drain scars left behind
I hear you met someone new, someone who treats you like a jewel
Legs crossed across the bed thinking of a life found in city lights
Of you in your best dress dancing to something from trippy redd
🌏
Heaven is the address she gave and among the angels I could still feel her glow
Keeping her first words in memory,'' pretty girls dream of pretty things, real ones dream of finer things''
thought of her words have me lost in city lights
Wondering where I would be without her memory

_maria_santa_

Comments

Popular Posts