Heartbreak in Nairobi

Lost in the shadow of concrete mountains and seas
I see the ghost of dead lovers as they burn slow
Staying on my best hiding the wreck trying to maintain her smile
Looking into the far searching for a little durt
Just enough to bury this broken heart

Stay strong it's nothing but another sad song
We chose it this way with everything we did
Not really sure what was expected, like rain on a sunny day
Looking outside the window, the heavens cry with us today
💧

Cold and confused, it's a city that gives very few fucks
We burned this house down, why do we look for cover in the ashes?
In the middle of the street wishing I could spark a sliff
This feeling grows too deep, not sure I can make it out alive

Will it ever be enough just to ignore the facts
Keep living this life pretending we don't know what's missing
Bound to my fatal past am a runner with no course
Under the drizzle of the grey sky, I stand here without you


Earth To Levon 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts