Edna's smile

Blessed are beautiful, the glass is always greener on their side
To those with art on their whole, the world falls for you daily,
We are strange beings entangled in a story of love and betrayal
Looking into each other for answers, finding uncertainty and pain

We are the rare breed placed to bring difference in this revolving place
They might never get our ways so we strive to make our presence felt
We stand half emply, veins running cold of red roses
I wish we could pretend that we never felt, that it never hurt when Tinkerbel left
Always so close to the finish line, almost at the end of it all

🔹

Do we deserve to be happy, do we deserve all we go through

So young yet always in panic

Maybe it's just the Kenya we are living in now

Where they sleep tight knowing they murdered families, killed mothers in the name of pride

At a point of giving up on humanity, if God was reality it would be raining fire

Walking away in silence, leaving it to karma


With a blunt I rolled up and a dream I would live for

I hope for better days

As the skies keep falling, I hold strong to my calling

Staying alive and keeping real as Edna's smile

Letting karma take the wheel, deliver me where I belong


🔹🔹


Ednathuo 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts