Hanging on(what is life without pain)

talk about a last minute reaction
when even the last of the hopeful are no more
when all that you hold dear washes away
do I have anymore to hang on to
i will tell my story like it was the last
of a soul lost in a world of ash
dreading all logics to hold onto a fading glance
my time here is nearly done

I have run a race that none is meant to win
place my shell in the pits of the forgotten ends
let me gain sight of a piece once loved
let me hang on to the last of my dreams
for they are the only thing they can't take away from me

Drifting in this ocean of deception, crashing into their waves of lie
Take your eyes off of me for I don't have the answers 
I gave in a long time ago, all I do now is sit and await the end 
Some call it madness for my desire of death 
But don't we live to die? 

Am sorry I broke all my promises, life just didn't turn out as we dreamed 
I still find it insane how much it hurts just thinking about you 
Sometimes I wish I never came to see you that day 
But what Is life without pain 

Let me trail and drag my body up this hardships 
As I hang on to the words that he always preached
Maybe play pretend just to keep the fire going 
Just survive another day 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts