be me

21 years of my life
lived lost in an unforgiving plane
with a group of wolves dressed in bloody sheep
lived in hope of a better tomorrow
I never meant to be me

I want to start over a new
reborn in the light of the few
to lead by example
in this mass of confusion
ready to let go of my past

they will never see the new me
fuck that, they will never accept the new me
my past will live to blind their simple mind
this is a message to the new in life
live it like it's your second time

➿➿➿➿➿

Am I happy now?

Two years down the line still seated on the same wooden bench

Looking at the same neighbor's fence

With less than I had and more of nothing

Forgotten by all who loved you, lost by the one meant for you

Days spent in a haze ,weighing all that was worthwhile,

Drugs and play numbing the pain as reality bellows ,

Been at the edge too many times, don't think I can make it back again


It's not all bad though, in the few months that it lasted I found faith

In her eyes I saw something I had not seen in eons,

I held her close, golden apple light that shone in a darkned view

She was better with no make-up on, when her grace was more than words

It was life for that time, part of the road


Walking alone, choosing me for a while

In my notebook i am a puppet,my pen mocking me

Keeping tabs on my journey.


Work by Levon 

Comments

Popular Posts