letter to my lover; my last fight

Dear Brenda............

wake up call to that fine heart
I know it has been a while
I have missed you more than words can say
I hold your memories in the cold nights
I feel your love when all hope is lost
the thought of you keeps me strong

it has been days since the last attack
my heart still sorrows over the loss of my friends
i pictured you smiling when it seemed like the end
the horrors of the war have taken a toll on me
i have seen death in the claim of land
blood and death bring no fear to my soul now
i feel myself losing my humanity

i hold to this fading memory of your perfect smile
as the devil knocks and calls me to the beyond
i pray i survive this human despair
to rejoin my one true love
but if the heavens call upon me
live, love and prospered

raise our young in the way we learned
teach them the truth
and love them as we would
be happy and live
for my love will never die


. ........ LvN

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts