Old Strangers

Most tell me count my blessings
some tell me it only happens once in life
its true well to me it was
every time i kissed you it felt like the first
seeing you felt more eternal
but look at us now
as we stand at the end of our thread


One too many times.
One too many times i waited up.
For you and your lover,
Silk sheets, studded rubber,
you showed up.
Why yes you did,
late,
stinking of drunken passion,
kissed the pain away;
I stayed.


i saw what i was becoming
i wanted to change
i tried to change
but the life just held me back
the demons slowly feed on my feeble soul
as our love faded away in the dark
lost i became everyday
as my grip loosen every single moment


It takes two to tango,
but i guess my two left feet weren't good enough,
my right and left cheeks, weren't feel enough,
my paradise lost in disguise.
And ass the darkness embraced you,
your heart turned cold as ice.
The once future promised, bright
politely engulfed into the night.
I needed therapy;


and i need you
i will die if i lose you
i know what i did was wrong
but your the best i will ever have
i never could man up to be enough for you
because i was scared of what i couldn't give you
but now am ready to be what you want me to be
let me be who i promised i would be


The best you ever had.
For with every fear came a lesson,
with every tear came a price.
A burden to heavy to bear,
couldn't risk thinking twice.
Trust became a liability.
lies a variable to our love.
The new moon tells of this every night,
of the story that once was.


___enstranged_

...................LEVON.



























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts