Famous

Kids from a little town, our dreams were all we knew
Writing songs, singing them in the shadow of the moon
We were young and happy is all we knew
Time caught up and the city swallowed you
You sang alone and the world loved you
Now you live next to the stars, seeing you only from above

At the Cafe we used to play, I still sing my all
A part of me hoping you will one day walk through those doors
Bringing back feelings I knew lost
Singing songs we wrote when we were young and free
Just to fight the feeling you are too famous for me
I put my all but it never sounds the same, it was never made for one 

^^^
Blue skies keeping me in my place
 So far away I don't think you could ever wait
To be honest it's an honor to still cross your mind 
Hoping you ain't too famous for us 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts