City Girl

It's been a while since we talked, hope you haven't wondered off to the world
I still think about you time to time,the one that could never be kept
Everynight I kissed you goodnight,looked deep into your eyes and told you this is for life
But that was too much for one who wanted more than love and time

Young village boy living his dreams with his beauty from the east
Tall,slender thing with a tattoo on her hip
She believed in his art and loved his work
She was like an angel in my arms, lost in a moment of entangled souls

Now I count months of loneliness, placed on the shelf for a better bet
Am trying to move on but it's just impossible to let go
Our future is already tainted in scars of lust and pride
But we shouldn't give up on the dreams in our hearts

An year passes and yet faint memories of you still haunt my dreams
I see you met someone now and am happy for you
It's funny how it feels now, like I was tricked into believing your the only one for me
Am happy now for everything worked out in the end
I still hope pieces of you, as reminders of my city girl

Comments

Popular Posts